Chromium carbide powder overview
Hafnium carbide HfC is a gray-black powder with a face-centered cubic structure and a very high melting point, 3890°C. It is known to have a high melting point in a single compound and is a good material for the lining of high melting point metal melting crucibles.
How is chromium carbide Cr3C2 powder produced?
Chromium carbide is produced by a combination of aluminothermic reduction and vacuum furnaces at temperatures of 1500°C and above. A mixture of chromium metal, chromium oxide and carbon is prepared and charged into a vacuum furnace. The pressure in the furnace decreased and the temperature rose to 1500°C. The carbon reacts with the chromium oxide to form chromium metal and carbon monoxide gas, which is pumped into a vacuum pump. The chromium metal then combines with the remaining carbon to form chromium carbide.
The precise balance between chromium oxide, chromium metal and carbon determines the grade of chromium carbide produced. This is strictly controlled to ensure product quality suitable for demanding markets such as aerospace.
Properties of chromium carbide Cr3C2 powder
Chromium carbide, containing 13.34 carbon, is gray powder, orthorhombic crystal structure, insoluble in water, acid and alkali resistant. The density is 6.65-6.68 g/cm3, the melting point: 1890 degrees, and the boiling point: 3800 degrees. It is a high melting point inorganic material with good wear resistance, corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance in high temperature environment (1000-1100 degrees). It is used as a thermal spray material for metal surface protection, and is also commonly used as cemented carbide. Grain refiners and other wear and corrosion resistant components. Chromium carbide-based cermets have excellent oxidation resistance at high temperatures, with only slight blackening of the surface after 5 hours of thermal exposure at 982°C. Under the same conditions, 18-8 stainless steel has been obviously damaged.
Chromium carbide powder application
1. Anti-oxidation, anti-oxidation and acid-resistant coatings are widely used in aero-engines and petrochemical machinery and equipment, which can greatly improve the service life of machinery. It is also commonly used as a grain refiner for cemented carbide and cemented carbide. Other wear-resistant and corrosion-resistant parts. Cr3C2-based cermets have excellent oxidation resistance at high temperatures.
2. For chromium carbide ceramics. Coarse chromium carbide is used as a melt-blown material to form a melt-blown layer on the surface of metals and ceramics, thereby endowing ceramics with wear resistance, heat resistance, corrosion resistance and other properties. It is widely used in aircraft engines and petrochemical machinery, greatly extending the service life of the machinery. Also used for spraying semiconductor films.
3. As a thermal spray material, chromium carbide Cr3C2 powder is used to protect the underlying metal surface.
4. Additives for the manufacture of wear-resistant and corrosion-resistant materials.
5. As a coating for seals, bearings and valve seals.
6. As a microcrystalline phase in cemented carbide (such as vanadium carbide), chromium carbide Cr3C2 powder is used to inhibit the growth of submicron grains during pressing and sintering.
Technical Parameter of Chromium Carbide Cr3C2 Powder :
|Total C||Free C||O||N||Fe||Ca||Si||Mo||Al||Na|
Chromium carbide powder price
The price of chromium carbide powder will fluctuate randomly due to factors such as production costs, transportation costs, international market conditions, exchange rates, and market supply and demand of chromium carbide powder. Tanki New Materials Co., Ltd. aims to help industries and chemical wholesalers find high-quality, low-cost nanomaterials and chemicals by providing a full range of customized services. If you are looking for chrome carbide powder products, please feel free to send an inquiry to get the latest price of chrome carbide powder products (email@example.com).
Chromium Carbide Powder Supplier
As a global supplier of chromium carbide powders, Tanki New Materials Ltd aims to have extensive experience in the performance, application and cost-effective manufacturing of advanced engineering materials. The company has successfully developed a series of powder materials (chromium carbide powder, copper silicide Cu5Si powder, Cr3C2, iron boride), high-purity targets, functional ceramics and structural devices, and provides OEM services.
If you are looking for high quality chromium carbide powder, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Tanki New Materials Co.Ltd Aims to help All industries and Chemical Wholesalers to find high quality, cheap price nano materials and chemicals by providing turn-key customize manufacturing services.
As a trust-worthy global nano-materials and chemicals manufacturer, Tanki New Materials Co.Ltd has been successfully supplying big and small brands with customized nano materials and chemical products in bulk or small quantities.
Tanki New Materials Co.Ltd has rich experiences in the properties, applications, and cost-effective manufacturing of advanced and engineered materials. The company has successfully developed a series of powder materials (including oxides, carbides, nitrides, single metal, etc.), high-purity targets, functional ceramics, and structural devices. OEM service is available.
Our innovative, high-performance materials are widely used in many industries, including but not limited to the automotive, electrical, electronics, information technology, petrochemical, oil, ceramics, paint, metallurgy, solar energy, and catalysis.
Based in the center of China, the company has rich resources and chemical product manufacuturing chains to make sure your cost remain as low as your specifications demand.
The company provides following products such as providing super high quality chemicals and Nano materials such as graphite powder, boron powder , zinc sulfide , nitride powder, Calcium nitride, Ca3N2, 3D printing powder, and so on.
Ask a quote for the latest price and one of our team members will respond as soon as possible. Fields marked with * are required.