Overview of Chromium Oxide Cr2O3 Powder：
Chromium oxide is an inorganic substance. The chemical formula of chromium oxide is Cr2O3. It is a light green to dark green fine hexagonal crystal. It turns brown when it's hot and green when it's cold.
Cr2O3 is found in the chromium-rich tremolite skarn, postquartz, and chlorite veins in the form of the natural mineral escolite. Eskolaite is also a rare component of chondrites.
Cr2O3 has a corundum structure consisting of hexagonally arranged oxide anions, in which 2/3 of the octahedral pores are occupied by chromium. Similar to corundum, Cr2O3 is a hard and brittle material (Mohs hardness 8-8.5).
Chromium oxide dissolves in hot alkali metal bromate solution. Soluble in heated potassium bromate solution, slightly soluble in acid and alkali, almost insoluble in water, ethanol, acetone, acid and alkali. and annoying. It is extremely stable to light, atmosphere, high temperature and corrosive gases such as sulfur dioxide and hydrogen sulfide. It has high coverage.
Application of Chromium Oxide Cr2O3 Powder：
1. Lead chrome green is the main coloring pigment in the paint industry, and most green paints are formulated with this pigment. In addition, it is used in paints and plastics. Its application range is very similar to that of lead chrome yellow. Due to the presence of chrome yellow in the ingredients, attention should be paid to the toxicity of lead in its application. Lead chrome green contains iron blue and oxidant lead chromate, so when the dust encounters sparks, there is a possibility of spontaneous combustion, so be careful when drying and crushing. After burning, lead chrome green completely loses the characteristics of green pigment and turns into a dark brown-yellow substance. In addition, in the production of nitro paint, the rolling process is not directly rolled with lead chrome green,
2. Used in metallurgy, ceramics, chromium oxide refractories, pigment industrial raw materials and organic synthesis catalysts.
3. Used as analytical reagent and catalyst.
4. It is used as a coloring, wear-resistant and corrosion-resistant filler for adhesives and sealants. It can also be used as a colorant for enamel, ceramics, artificial leather and building materials, a catalyst for organic chemical synthesis, a lightfast coating and a special ink for printing money.
5. It is used as a colorant for cosmetics, mainly for eye cosmetics, but not for oral and lip cosmetics, and is not recommended for facial cosmetics and nail polish.
6. Chromium oxide is one of the main components of silver-plating bright liquid. The newly prepared chromium trioxide is an important raw material for the preparation of chromium fluoride and chromium bromide.
Chromium Oxide Cr2O3 Powder Price：
The price of chromium oxide Cr2O3 powder will vary randomly with the production cost of chromium oxide Cr2O3 powder, transportation cost, international situation, exchange rate, market supply and demand and other factors. Tanki New Materials Co.,Ltd aims to help various industries and chemical wholesalers find high-quality, inexpensive nanomaterials and chemicals by providing turnkey custom manufacturing services. If you are looking for Chromium Oxide Cr2O3 Powder, please feel free to check the latest price of Chromium Oxide Cr2O3 Powder.
Chromium oxide Cr2O3 powder supplier：
As a global supplier of Chromium Oxide Cr2O3 Powders, Tanki New Materials Ltd. has extensive experience in the performance, application and cost-effective manufacturing of advanced and engineered materials. The company has successfully developed a series of powder materials (including oxides, carbides, nitrides, single metals, etc.), high-purity targets, functional ceramics, structural devices, and can provide OEM services.
Technical Parameter of Cr2O3 Powder CAS 1308-38-9 Chrome Oxide Green :
|Product Name||Chrome Oxide Green||EINECS No.||215-160-9||CAS No.||1308-38-9|
|Molecular Formula||Cr2O3||Appearance||Bright green to dark green|
|Bulk density (g/cm3)||0.6-0.8||1.2-1.5||0.4-0.65|
|Hexavalent chromium||Minimum up to 0-5ppm, or customize as requirement|
|Cr2O3 Powder CAS 1308-38-9 Chrome Oxide Green Properties|
|Other Names||chromium oxide, chrome oxide, green chrome oxide|
|Solubility in H2O||No|
|Cr2O3 Powder Chrome Oxide Green Health & Safety Information|
Tanki New Materials Co.Ltd Aims to help All industries and Chemical Wholesalers to find high quality, cheap price nano materials and chemicals by providing turn-key customize manufacturing services.
As a trust-worthy global nano-materials and chemicals manufacturer, Tanki New Materials Co.Ltd has been successfully supplying big and small brands with customized nano materials and chemical products in bulk or small quantities.
Tanki New Materials Co.Ltd has rich experiences in the properties, applications, and cost-effective manufacturing of advanced and engineered materials. The company has successfully developed a series of powder materials (including oxides, carbides, nitrides, single metal, etc.), high-purity targets, functional ceramics, and structural devices. OEM service is available.
Our innovative, high-performance materials are widely used in many industries, including but not limited to the automotive, electrical, electronics, information technology, petrochemical, oil, ceramics, paint, metallurgy, solar energy, and catalysis.
Based in the center of China, the company has rich resources and chemical product manufacuturing chains to make sure your cost remain as low as your specifications demand.
The company provides following products such as providing super high quality chemicals and Nano materials such as graphite powder, boron powder , zinc sulfide , nitride powder, Calcium nitride, Ca3N2, 3D printing powder, and so on.
Ask a quote for the latest price and one of our team members will respond as soon as possible. Fields marked with * are required.