Overview of Silica SiO2 Powder:
Silicon dioxide, also known as silicon oxide, is a silicon oxide with the chemical formula SiO2. The most common forms in nature are quartz and various organisms. In many parts of the world, silica is the main component of sand. Silica is one of the most complex and abundant material families, in the form of a mixture of various minerals and synthetic products. Notable examples include fused silica, fumed silica, silica gel, and aerogel. It is used in structural materials, microelectronics (as electrical insulators), and components in the food and pharmaceutical industries.
Inhalation of finely divided crystalline silica is toxic and can cause severe inflammation of lung tissue, silicosis, bronchitis, lung cancer and systemic autoimmune diseases such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. Inhalation of large doses of amorphous silica can cause non-permanent short-term inflammation, and all effects can be cured.
The long-range arrangement of silicon and oxygen atoms forms crystalline silicon dioxide, and the short-range arrangement or long-range disorderly arrangement forms amorphous silicon dioxide. In silicon dioxide crystals, silicon atoms are located at the center of a regular tetrahedron, and four oxygen atoms are located at the four corners of the tetrahedron. Many tetrahedrons are connected by oxygen atoms at four corners. Each oxygen atom is shared by two tetrahedrons, that is, each oxygen atom is bonded to two silicon atoms.
The simplest molecular formula of silicon dioxide is SiO2, but SiO2 does not represent a simple molecule (just the ratio of the number of silicon atoms to the number of oxygen atoms in the silicon dioxide crystal). Pure natural silica crystal is a hard, fragile, insoluble, colorless and transparent solid, which is often used in the manufacture of optical instruments.
Application of silicon dioxide SiO2 powder:
Silica is a raw material for manufacturing glass, quartz glass, water glass, optical fiber, important parts of the electronics industry, optical instruments, handicrafts and refractory materials, and is also an important material for scientific research.
1. Silica is the main component of most glass production. When other minerals melt with silica, the freezing point reduction principle reduces the melting point of the mixture and increases the fluidity. The glass transition temperature of pure SiO2 is about 1475K. When fused silica SiO2 cools quickly, it will not crystallize, but will solidify into glass. Therefore, most ceramic glazes are mainly composed of silica.
2. Silica can also be used as an additive, an excellent flow promoter, mainly used as a pressurizing agent, anti-sticking agent, and glidant.
3. Silica is especially suitable for the granulation of oils and extracts, and it can also be directly compressed to use glidants.
4. As a disintegrant, silicon dioxide can greatly improve the fluidity of the particles, increase the bulk density, and increase the hardness of the tablets made. It can be used as an internal desiccant in the manufacture of granules to enhance the stability of the drug.
5. Silica can also be used as filter aid, scavenger, defoamer, suspending agent and thickener for liquid preparations.
6. Approximately 95% of the commercial use of silica (sand) occurs in the construction industry, such as the production of concrete (Portland cement concrete).
7. In cosmetics, silica plays a certain role due to its light diffusion properties and natural absorption.
8. The process of passivating silicon surfaces through thermal oxidation (silicon dioxide) is of vital importance to the semiconductor industry. Usually used in the manufacture of metal oxide semiconductor field effect transistors (MOSFET) and silicon integrated circuit chips (using planar technology).
9. Silica can be used to extract DNA and RNA because it can bind to nucleic acids in the presence of chaotropic agents.
10. Since silicon dioxide is a natural oxide of silicon, compared with other semiconductors such as gallium arsenide or indium phosphide, silicon dioxide is more widely used.
11. Silicon dioxide can grow on the surface of silicon semiconductors. The silicon oxide layer can protect the silicon surface during the diffusion process and can be used as a diffusion mask.
The price of silicon dioxide SiO2 powder:
The price of silica SiO2 powder will vary randomly with the production cost of silica SiO2 powder, transportation cost, international situation, exchange rate and market supply and demand of silica SiO2 powder. Tanki New Materials Co.,Ltd. aims to help various industries and chemical wholesalers find high-quality, low-cost nanomaterials and chemicals by providing a full set of customized services. If you are looking for silica SiO2 powder, please feel free to send an inquiry to get the latest price of silica SiO2 powder.
Suppliers of silicon dioxide SiO2 powder:
As a global supplier of silica SiO2 powder, Tanki New Materials Co.,Ltd has extensive experience in the performance, application and cost-effective manufacturing of advanced engineering materials. The company has successfully developed a series of powder materials (including boron carbide, aluminum carbide, titanium carbide, etc.), high-purity targets, functional ceramics and structural devices, and provides OEM services.
|Silicon Dioxide SiO2 Powder Properties|
|Other Names||Fused quartz, silane, dioxo, Silicon (IV) Oxide, Cristobalite,|
|Silica, Crystalline silica, Dioxosilane, Sand, Silica glass,|
|Melting Point||1,600° C (2,912° F)|
|Solubility in water||N/A|
|Boling point||2,230° C (4,046° F)|
|Exact Mass||59.9668 g/mol|
|Monoisotopic Mass||59.967 Da|
|Silicon Dioxide SiO2 Powder Health & Safety Information|
|Flashing point||Not applicable|
Tanki New Materials Co.Ltd Aims to help All industries and Chemical Wholesalers to find high quality, cheap price nano materials and chemicals by providing turn-key customize manufacturing services.
As a trust-worthy global nano-materials and chemicals manufacturer, Tanki New Materials Co.Ltd has been successfully supplying big and small brands with customized nano materials and chemical products in bulk or small quantities.
Tanki New Materials Co.Ltd has rich experiences in the properties, applications, and cost-effective manufacturing of advanced and engineered materials. The company has successfully developed a series of powder materials (including oxides, carbides, nitrides, single metal, etc.), high-purity targets, functional ceramics, and structural devices. OEM service is available.
Our innovative, high-performance materials are widely used in many industries, including but not limited to the automotive, electrical, electronics, information technology, petrochemical, oil, ceramics, paint, metallurgy, solar energy, and catalysis.
Based in the center of China, the company has rich resources and chemical product manufacuturing chains to make sure your cost remain as low as your specifications demand.
The company provides following products such as providing super high quality chemicals and Nano materials such as graphite powder, boron powder , zinc sulfide , nitride powder, Calcium nitride, Ca3N2, 3D printing powder, and so on.
Ask a quote for the latest price and one of our team members will respond as soon as possible. Fields marked with * are required.