What are the material properties of GaN
GaN is a very stable compound and a hard high melting point material with a melting point of about 1700°C. GaN has a high degree of ionization, which is the highest (0.5 or 0.43) among III-V compounds. Under atmospheric pressure, GaN crystals generally have a hexagonal wurtzite structure. It has 4 atoms in a cell, and the atomic volume is about half of GaAs. Because of its high hardness, it is also a good coating protection material.
Gallium nitride chemical properties
At room temperature, GaN is insoluble in water, acid and alkali, but dissolves at a very slow rate in a hot alkali solution. NaOH, H2SO4 and H3PO4 can corrode poor quality GaN relatively quickly, and can be used for defect detection of these low quality GaN crystals. GaN exhibits unstable characteristics at high temperatures under HCL or H2 gas, and is most stable under N2 gas.
GaN structure characteristics
GaN wurtzite structure diagram There are two main crystal structures of GaN, namely wurtzite structure and sphalerite structure.
GaN synthesis method
1. Nitrogen and gallium do not react directly even at 1000°C. The loose gray powdery gallium nitride GaN can be obtained by heating metal gallium at 1050-1100°C for 30 minutes in an ammonia gas stream. The addition of ammonium carbonate can provide gas to agitate the liquid metal and promote contact with the nitriding agent.
2. GaN can also be obtained by firing finely ground GaP or GaAs in a dry ammonia gas stream.
Overview of Gallium Nitride
GaN powder has the characteristics of wide direct band gap, strong atomic bond, high thermal conductivity, good chemical stability (almost no acid corrosion), etc. It has strong radiation resistance under optoelectronic, high temperature, high power devices and high power devices. ability. Broad application prospects for high-frequency microwave devices
Gallium nitride applications
1. GaN can be used for large TV screens or smaller full-color panels in trains or buses. GaN-based LEDs are more efficient. So it offers another possibility for blue and green LEDs.
2. Gallium nitride is used in power semiconductor fields such as electric vehicles and photovoltaic power generation.
3. Gallium nitride is used in the 5G radio frequency field. As 5G has higher and higher requirements for RF power and energy consumption, the 5G RF field will gradually replace silicon-based materials with gallium nitride.
4. Gallium nitride is used in the field of fast charging of mobile phones. GaN chargers have the characteristics of high power, small size, and high efficiency, which are the key to breakthrough ultra-fast charging technology.
5. In terms of detectors, GaN ultraviolet detectors have been successfully developed, with a wavelength of 369nm and a response speed equivalent to that of Si detectors. Research in this area is still in its infancy. GaN detectors will have important applications in flame detection and missile early warning.
6. Gallium nitride material series have low heating rate and high breakdown electric field, and are important materials for the development of high-temperature power electronic devices and high-frequency microwave devices.
Gallium nitride price
The price of gallium nitride will vary randomly with production costs, transportation costs, international conditions, exchange rates, and supply and demand in the gallium nitride market. Tanki New Materials Co., Ltd. aims to help various industries and chemical wholesalers find high-quality, low-cost nanomaterials and chemicals by providing a full set of customized services. If you are looking for gallium nitride, please feel free to send an inquiry to get the latest price of gallium nitride.
Gallium Nitride Supplier
As a global gallium nitride supplier, Tanki New Materials Co. Ltd has extensive experience in the performance, application and cost-effective manufacturing of advanced engineering materials. The company has successfully developed a series of powder materials (titanium nitride, silicon nitride, titanium nitride, etc.) high-purity targets, functional ceramics and structural devices, and provides OEM services.
Technical Parameter of Gallium Nitride GaN powder
|Product Name||MF||Purity||Particle Size||Melting Point||Density||Color|
|gallium nitride||GaN||99.99%||-60 mesh||1700℃||6.1g/mL,25/4℃||light yellow|
Chemical Composition of Gallium Nitride GaN powder
Tanki New Materials Co.Ltd Aims to help All industries and Chemical Wholesalers to find high quality, cheap price nano materials and chemicals by providing turn-key customize manufacturing services.
As a trust-worthy global nano-materials and chemicals manufacturer, Tanki New Materials Co.Ltd has been successfully supplying big and small brands with customized nano materials and chemical products in bulk or small quantities.
Tanki New Materials Co.Ltd has rich experiences in the properties, applications, and cost-effective manufacturing of advanced and engineered materials. The company has successfully developed a series of powder materials (including oxides, carbides, nitrides, single metal, etc.), high-purity targets, functional ceramics, and structural devices. OEM service is available.
Our innovative, high-performance materials are widely used in many industries, including but not limited to the automotive, electrical, electronics, information technology, petrochemical, oil, ceramics, paint, metallurgy, solar energy, and catalysis.
Based in the center of China, the company has rich resources and chemical product manufacuturing chains to make sure your cost remain as low as your specifications demand.
The company provides following products such as providing super high quality chemicals and Nano materials such as graphite powder, boron powder , zinc sulfide , nitride powder, Calcium nitride, Ca3N2, 3D printing powder, and so on.
Ask a quote for the latest price and one of our team members will respond as soon as possible. Fields marked with * are required.