Overview of titanium oxide TiO2 powder:
Titanium oxide TiO2 powder, also called titanium dioxide, is an important inorganic chemical pigment, mainly composed of titanium dioxide. The production process of titanium dioxide has two process routes: sulfuric acid method and chloride method. It is widely used in coatings, printing inks, papermaking, plastics and rubber, chemical fiber, ceramics, and other industries.
Among the commonly used white pigments, titanium dioxide has the smallest relative density, and among white pigments of the same quality, titanium dioxide has the largest surface area and the largest pigment volume. Titanium dioxide has very stable chemical properties and is an acidic amphoteric oxide. At room temperature, it hardly reacts with other elements and compounds. It is ineffective against oxygen, ammonia, nitrogen, hydrogen sulfide, carbon dioxide, and sulfur dioxide. It is insoluble in water, fat, dilute acid, and inorganic acid, alkali, and only soluble in hydrofluoric acid. . But under the action of light, titanium dioxide can undergo continuous REDOX reaction and has photochemical activity. Under the action of ultraviolet anatase titanium dioxide, this photochemical activity is particularly obvious.
Titanium dioxide has two structures: rutile (rutile R type) and anatase (A type). The rutile crystal structure is compact, relatively stable, and has low optical activity, so it has good weather resistance, high hiding power, and color matting. Titanium dioxide has semiconductor properties, its conductivity increases rapidly with temperature, and it is also very sensitive to hypoxia. The dielectric constant and semiconductor properties of rutile TiO2 are very important to the electronics industry and can be used to produce electronic components, such as ceramic capacitors.
According to the Mos hardness level of 10 points, rutile TiO2 is 6 to 6.5, and anatase TiO2 is 5.5 to 6.0. Therefore, in chemical fiber matting, anatase is used to avoid abrasion of the spinneret holes. Although titanium dioxide is hydrophilic, its hygroscopicity is not too strong, and the rutile type is smaller than the anatase type. The hygroscopicity of titanium dioxide has a certain relationship with its surface area, large surface area, and high hygroscopicity, but it is also related to surface treatment and performance.
Application of titanium oxide TiO2 powder:
What is the scope of application of titanium dioxide TiO2 powder?
The most important applications of titanium dioxide are paints, varnishes and paper, and plastics, which account for about 80% of the world's consumption of titanium dioxide. Other pigment applications, such as printing inks, fibers, rubber, cosmetics, and food, account for another 8%. The rest is used for other applications, such as industrial pure titanium, glass and glass ceramics, electroceramics, metallic copper, catalysts, electrical conductors, and chemical intermediates.
1. Titanium dioxide has become the most widely used white pigment due to its brightness and high refractive index.
2. Titanium dioxide is also an effective sunscreen in powder form. It is used as a pigment to provide whiteness and opacity to products such as paints, coatings, plastics, paper, inks, foods, medicines (such as tablets and tablets), and most toothpaste. In painting, it is usually abbreviated as "lively white", "completely white", "whitest white" or other similar terms.
3. Titanium dioxide is used as a coloring agent in the rubber industry, and it also has the functions of reinforcement, anti-aging, and filling.
4. Adding titanium dioxide to white and colored rubber products, in the sun, it is resistant to sunlight, does not crack, does not change color, stretch magnification and acid and alkali resistance.
5. Titanium dioxide for rubber is mainly used in car tires, rubber shoes, rubber floors, gloves, sports equipment, etc., generally anatase type.
6. For the production of automobile tires, a certain amount of rutile titanium dioxide products are often added to enhance the ability to resist ozone and ultraviolet rays.
7. Titanium dioxide is also widely used in cosmetics. Because titanium dioxide is non-toxic and far superior to lead white, almost all powdered titanium dioxide can replace lead and zinc white.
8. Only 5%-8% of titanium dioxide powder can be added to the permanent white color to make the fragrance smoother, strong in adhesion, absorption, and covering power.
9. Titanium dioxide in gouache and cold cream can reduce greasiness and transparency.
10. Titanium dioxide can also be used in many other spices, sunscreens, soaps, white soaps, and toothpaste.
11. When deposited as a thin film, the refractive index and color of titanium dioxide make it an excellent reflective optical coating for dielectric mirrors.
12. Certain grades of modified titanium-based pigments are used in foam paints, plastics, topcoats and cosmetics-the particles of these artificial pigments have two or more layers of different oxides (usually titanium dioxide, iron oxide, or oxide). Aluminum), which can produce flash, iridescent, and/or pearlescent effects.
13. Titanium dioxide is used as a pigment, sunscreen, and thickener in cosmetics and skincare products in sunscreens and UV protection pigments.
14. As a sunscreen, it uses ultra-fine TiO2, which is known for its combination with ultra-fine zinc oxide. It is considered an effective sunscreen, which can reduce the incidence of sunburn and minimize the effects associated with long-term use. Early photoaging, photocarcinogenesis, and immunosuppressive sun exposure. Excess semester. Sometimes these UV protectors are used in sunscreens with iron oxide pigments to enhance the protection of visible light.
The price of titanium oxide TiO2 powder:
The price of titanium oxide TiO2 powder will vary randomly with the production cost, transportation cost, international situation, exchange rate and market supply and demand of titanium oxide TiO2 powder. Tanki New Materials Co. ,Ltd aims to help all industries and chemical wholesalers find high-quality, low-cost nanomaterials and chemicals by providing a full set of customized services. If you are looking for titanium oxide TiO2 powder, please feel free to send it to get the latest titanium oxide TiO2 powder price.
Supplier of Titanium Oxide TiO2 Powder:
As a global supplier of titanium oxide TiO2 powder, Tanki New Materials Co., Ltd. has extensive experience in the performance, application, and cost-effective manufacturing of advanced technology and engineering materials. The company has successfully developed a series of powder materials (including oxides, carbides, nitrides, single metals, etc.), high-purity targets, functional ceramics, and structural devices, and provides OEM services.
|Technical Parameter of Titanium Oxide TiO2 powder：|
|Titanium Oxide Nanopowder (TiO2) COA -- %|
|Titanium Oxide TiO2 powder Properties|
|Other Names||Dioxotitanium, Titanium dioxide, Titania, Titanium(IV) dioxide, Titanic oxide, Titanium peroxide, Titanium oxide powder|
|Molecular Weight||79.9378 g/mol|
|Appearance||White crystalline powder|
|Melting Point||1,843° C (3,349° F)|
|Solubility in water||N/A|
|Boling point||2,972° C (5,382° F)|
|Exact Mass||79.9378 g/mol|
|Monoisotopic Mass||79.937776 Da|
|Titanium Oxide TiO2 powder Health & Safety Information|
|Transport Information||NONH for all modes of transport|
Tanki New Materials Co.Ltd Aims to help All industries and Chemical Wholesalers to find high quality, cheap price nano materials and chemicals by providing turn-key customize manufacturing services.
As a trust-worthy global nano-materials and chemicals manufacturer, Tanki New Materials Co.Ltd has been successfully supplying big and small brands with customized nano materials and chemical products in bulk or small quantities.
Tanki New Materials Co.Ltd has rich experiences in the properties, applications, and cost-effective manufacturing of advanced and engineered materials. The company has successfully developed a series of powder materials (including oxides, carbides, nitrides, single metal, etc.), high-purity targets, functional ceramics, and structural devices. OEM service is available.
Our innovative, high-performance materials are widely used in many industries, including but not limited to the automotive, electrical, electronics, information technology, petrochemical, oil, ceramics, paint, metallurgy, solar energy, and catalysis.
Based in the center of China, the company has rich resources and chemical product manufacuturing chains to make sure your cost remain as low as your specifications demand.
The company provides following products such as providing super high quality chemicals and Nano materials such as graphite powder, boron powder , zinc sulfide , nitride powder, Calcium nitride, Ca3N2, 3D printing powder, and so on.
Ask a quote for the latest price and one of our team members will respond as soon as possible. Fields marked with * are required.